Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Native Development problem with eclipse(I fed with native development due series of problems.)
Native Development problem with eclipse [message #1114033] Sun, 22 September 2013 04:15
Jamil Ahmad is currently offline Jamil AhmadFriend
Hi,
This is not question this is a complaint.

I started developing with Eclipse. Everything was running fine until I started native development. First, I installed Sequoyah native code support then I downloaded NDK r9 and added the necessary environment variables and edited path variable (Window 7). In the first step, when I entered the NDK path in the eclipse, it said "Invalid path for NDK". After hours of google search, I found that Sequoyah not updated since 2011 and it doesn't support newer versions of NDK. Then I downloaded different versions and at last it accepted r7c version. But, I didn't succeed building Hello-jni sample project (indeed I made necessary settings). Thanks to tutorial at "creating-compiling-deploying-native-projects-android-ndk", I was able to build, install and run the project from command prompt (but using ndk r9).

However, I am unable to build the project from Eclipse IDE. Now, it is generating this error "make: no rule to make target all". Again I searched on internet and found many solutions but no one solved this issue. Now, I am almost fed up with Native Development with eclipse. I think it has made things very much complicated.

No doubt it has many features but in case of Native development if has failed completely in my case and it produced headache. For example when I tried to convert my project to C/C++, my project was not displayed in the selection box then how could I have converted?
These problems should be resolved.

Sorry for complain but made this complain after I tired.
Previous Topic:The eclipse executable launcher
Next Topic:Converting to Class and interaction Diagram from Code.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:27:12 GMT 2024