Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Best way to reuse xtext grammar in GMF editor
Best way to reuse xtext grammar in GMF editor [message #1106597] Wed, 11 September 2013 09:50 Go to next message
Phil H is currently offline Phil HFriend
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a way to reuse a xtext grammar in my GMF Editor. In my GMF Editor, I've got a Node, containing a label, where I would like to reuse a xtext grammar:

index.php/fa/16168/0/

Furthermore, Syntax Coloring, Content Assist and Validation should be supported, while the xtext grammar has got rules where elements from the EMF/GMF editor ecore are part of it.

I'm wondering now what's the best and cleanest way to realise this. Additional, it would be great if there is a tutorial describing this, as I'm not that familiar with Xtext.

Cheers,
Phil
Re: Best way to reuse xtext grammar in GMF editor [message #1106713 is a reply to message #1106597] Wed, 11 September 2013 12:47 Go to previous message
Jan Koehnlein is currently offline Jan KoehnleinFriend
There is no simple and absolutely bullet proof way to do this, so there
is no tutorial.

Have a look at Yakindu Statechart Tools
http://statecharts.org/
They have a solution for their usecase.

Am 11.09.13 11:50, schrieb Phil H:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm looking for a way to reuse a xtext grammar in my GMF Editor. In my GMF Editor, I've got a Node, containing a label, where I would like to reuse a xtext grammar:
>
>
>
> Furthermore, Syntax Coloring, Content Assist and Validation should be supported, while the xtext grammar has got rules where elements from the EMF/GMF editor ecore are part of it.
>
> I'm wondering now what's the best and cleanest way to realise this. Additional, it would be great if there is a tutorial describing this, as I'm not that familiar with Xtext.
>
> Cheers,
> Phil
>

--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com

---
Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Previous Topic:Adding a Fake Resource (like Object in Java)
Next Topic:import ecore model using nsURI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:13:10 GMT 2024