Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Disable project build before xtext generator is run
Disable project build before xtext generator is run [message #1106493] Wed, 11 September 2013 06:57 Go to next message
Dennis Stampfer is currently offline Dennis StampferFriend
Hi,

I use xtext DSL to generate C++ code. The c++ code in the project can be compiled by "Build Project" from within eclipse. Every time I save xtext resources, the c++ compiler is called ("Build Project") which is very annoying and takes a lot of time and is finally a no-go for me.

The C++ settings for the project are set not to build on file save (auto build thus deactivated for c++ builder).

With launch configurations, I can deactivate a "build before launching" in workspace launch properties. I am missing such an option for xtext.

Is there a way, I can deactivate the "build project" before xtext generator is run?

Thanks,
Dennis

Re: Disable project build before xtext generator is run [message #1106604 is a reply to message #1106493] Wed, 11 September 2013 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

Hi Dennis,

look in the workspace settings for your DSL. You should see the option to disable your compiler.

Regards,
~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Re: Disable project build before xtext generator is run [message #1106680 is a reply to message #1106604] Wed, 11 September 2013 11:52 Go to previous message
Dennis Stampfer is currently offline Dennis StampferFriend
Hi,

thanks for your reply. However, that option disables the code generation of my DSL as well. I try to explain it in another way:

When I save DSL resources, eclipse does:
- generate code for my dsl by calling my generator
- trigger c++/cdt build by calling "make"

The c++ build takes a lot of time and we therefore need to trigger it manually. We don't want it to be executed at the same time the DSL generator is triggered.

thanks,
dennis
Previous Topic:Problem in my custom XbaseJavaValidator
Next Topic:Adding a Fake Resource (like Object in Java)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:47:12 GMT 2024