Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Aligning the axis of distinct charts
Aligning the axis of distinct charts [message #1103447] Fri, 06 September 2013 20:02 Go to next message
John 555 is currently offline John 555Friend
I currently am maintaining a report with three line charts on one page, above one another. Each chart uses two y-axis, one on the left and one on the right. I have been given a business requirement to guarantee that both the left and right y axis line up perfectly between each of the three charts. In addition, each of the charts has a different combination of number formats used on its two y-axes. The values on the y axis, and therefore the width of the lables, also vary depending on information retreived from a database at runtime.

I have two questions. First, I assume that some of the methods that are available in the each of the charts' onRender script will enable me to adjust the positions of its axes. Can anyone offer any guidance as to the best methods to use for changing chart area geometry at runtime? Ideally, I want to avoid having to both adjust the positions of both axes and every individual data point.

There is also the issue of how I will coordinate required y-axis positions between different charts. Is there any way to measure the present positions of the y-axes on all three charts, before making any necessary modification on all three?
Re: Aligning the axis of distinct charts [message #1106155 is a reply to message #1103447] Tue, 10 September 2013 19:34 Go to previous message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
Can you make an example with the sample database so I can build an example? What I think will have to happen is you'll need to find the largest label and the based on the size of that you can change the label padding in all three of the charts to align with each other.
Previous Topic:Dataset truncate string columns
Next Topic:schema name in DataSet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 07:29:05 GMT 2024