Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » Package Merge Observation when using Stereotypes/Enumerations(The UMLUtil.merge() seems to handle stereotype values which are enumerations incorrectly)
Package Merge Observation when using Stereotypes/Enumerations [message #1101520] Wed, 04 September 2013 15:09 Go to next message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Hi,
I have noticed a behaviour in the Package Merge which I don't see covered in the UML 2.4.1 Spec. Here is my use-case:

I have a merged package(the source) which has a Class A with Stereotype S applied. Stereotype S has a property P of type Enumeration. The value of P is unset i.e. The default is used. Now I have a receiving package (the target) which has the same elements except the value of P is set to one of the non-default enumeration values.

When I run UMLUtil.merge() the resulting package gets the Stereotype property value from the receiving package i.e. The value of P is one of the non-default enumeration values. If I had explicitly set P in the merged package the value in the resulting package would have come from the merged package.

I assume this is because in Ecore the default value of enumerations isn't really set. Does this behaviour break the UML MetaModel?

Thanks!
Ronan

Ps With the exception of this issue the utility is really fantastic! Great job Smile
Re: Package Merge Observation when using Stereotypes/Enumerations [message #1105112 is a reply to message #1101520] Mon, 09 September 2013 11:32 Go to previous message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Bug filed at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=416833
Previous Topic:Instructions to upload OMG UML Testing Profile ver.1.1
Next Topic:Thread-safe UML CacheAdapter?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:09:45 GMT 2024