Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How does an Xtext-generated plugin write to the workspace log?(How does one get the ILog for an XText-generated plugin?)
How does an Xtext-generated plugin write to the workspace log? [message #1101458] Wed, 04 September 2013 13:31 Go to next message
Ed Staub is currently offline Ed StaubFriend
I assume that to write to the workspace log I need to get the ILog instance for that plugin, but at that point things get a bit murky for me.

Some docs say each bundle has its own ILog, other external tips refer to using Activator.getDefault() or Platform.getLog(). The static nature of these calls makes me think that they get a global ILog, which probably isn't what I want. On the other hand, maybe some classloading majick makes there be one instance of each for the current plugin? Or maybe there's soe log support specific to Xtext that makes all of this moot?

Re: How does an Xtext-generated plugin write to the workspace log? [message #1149944 is a reply to message #1101458] Tue, 22 October 2013 12:17 Go to previous message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian ZarnekowFriend
It's a custom Appender that is configured in the log4.properties: see org.eclipse.xtext.logging.EclipseLogAppender
Previous Topic:Xtend vs. Xpand?
Next Topic:How to serialize DSL-Files to UML-Model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:57:40 GMT 2024