Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Correct usage of Partitioning annotations
Correct usage of Partitioning annotations [message #1100799] Tue, 03 September 2013 15:56
Christoph Smaul is currently offline Christoph SmaulFriend
Hi,

I am using the Partitioning feature and I have two questions about the correct usage:

1. I defined a Partitioning in my root entity class that I only use for setting it as the default partitioning in my persistence.xml("eclipselink.partitioning"). This works fine, except for the warning messages "@Partitioning found on the element class [...] of class [...], but no @Partitioned.". I am also planning to use some of the PartitioningPolicies only per query hint and I assume that this will also cause warnings. Is there a misconception on my side?

2. Is there any way to define multiple Partitionings of the same type in a single class (only define the Partitioning, not assigning it the to the class)? Since it is not allowed to have the same annotation multiple times on one class and there's no wrapper annotation like @Partitionings, I would have to spread my Partitioning annotations across totally unrelated entities.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 September 2013 16:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:JPA 2.1 load graph without effect / fetch graph loading wrong fields
Next Topic:Determining when/why objects are registered with the EM / UOW
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 12:42:01 GMT 2024