Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Jar doesnot terminate when there is a heap space error while using birt runtime(Jar doesnot terminate when there is a heap space error while using birt runtime)
Jar doesnot terminate when there is a heap space error while using birt runtime [message #1096719] Wed, 28 August 2013 19:33 Go to next message
Sravanthi Bobba is currently offline Sravanthi BobbaFriend
I have a jar that create couple of pdf dynamically and emails the pdf. I developed it using birt-runtime 2.6.0 and when I try to run the jar, if there is any Java exception not related to birt and the program throws exception and stays there, doesn't terminate running the jar. If I try to create the same java exception in another jar that doesnot use birt, it terminates the further execution of the program, I am doubting if the birt runtime is still running and not sure how to close it, if that is the cause. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance!!
Re: Jar doesnot terminate when there is a heap space error while using birt runtime [message #1096963 is a reply to message #1096719] Thu, 29 August 2013 04:20 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I'm not sure if this is related to a memory leak that was found in 2.6 that was resolved in 3.7 or not. You might try it out with 3.7.2 or newer to see if you encounter the same issue.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:BIRT:: Overflow records in excel (xls) to next tabs
Next Topic:Error while opening a .prtdesign file in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:05:06 GMT 2024