Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Are "Referenced Libraries" shared amongst projects in workspace?
Are "Referenced Libraries" shared amongst projects in workspace? [message #1095789] Tue, 27 August 2013 14:25 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
I have a Maven project with 4+ submodules. Each submodules have their respective dependencies as seen in the "Referenced Libraries" section. For JARs that are common to all submodule, are they duplicated for each submodule in the workspace or is it just a pointer to a single JAR?

If they are individual, is it possible to create one big referenced library pool so that the JARs don't get replicated in each submodule?

[Updated on: Tue, 27 August 2013 14:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Are "Referenced Libraries" shared amongst projects in workspace? [message #1095884 is a reply to message #1095789] Tue, 27 August 2013 17:15 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Vanilla Java projects support this in a couple of ways. You can setup a project reference on the Build Path dialog. The project hosting the jars has to have them checked on the Order and Export tab. This exports the jar files to dependent projects. On the Projects tab of the dependent projects, check the project hosting the jar. If you have a number of common jars, you can create a Java project with no source, just the jars defined on the Libraries tab. Then export them on the Order and Export tab. Select the library project as the Projects tab of dependent projects.

Note that I said vanilla Java project. I don't know if these features are compatible with the Maven plugin. Maven is intended to manage jar file dependencies for you so my guess is that it might work differently. You should probably consult the Maven(M2E) news group for guidance with maven projects.
Previous Topic:Problems with Ant in Kepler
Next Topic:Javadoc server port number
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 05:06:59 GMT 2024