Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Error in final launch sequence Failed to execute MI command(When trying to flash program on to a particular MCU we are facing this issue.)
Error in final launch sequence Failed to execute MI command [message #1084318] Sun, 11 August 2013 10:04 Go to next message
Karunakar Reddy is currently offline Karunakar ReddyFriend
Hello i am very new to eclipse. Currently using code sourcery as IDE to develop C/C++ applications.We are able to build the application successfully.But when we try to flash the program on to MCU the below error is displayed.

Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
detach
Error message from debugger back end:
Can't detach process.
Can't detach process.

Any one who has faced such kind of issue or are very familiar with eclipse please help me out.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Error in final launch sequence Failed to execute MI command [message #1085153 is a reply to message #1084318] Mon, 12 August 2013 14:25 Go to previous message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
I'm guessing you are using the "GDB Hardware debugging" launch?
Did you add this 'detach' command to your launch manually? I'm not exactly sure where it comes from; but it looks like GDB is not liking it.
You can also look at gdb traces as information on what is going on:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#I.27ve_been_asked_for_.27gdb_traces.27.2C_where_can_I_find_them.3F

Marc
Previous Topic:Debugger isn't working
Next Topic:building llvm with eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:18:24 GMT 2024