Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Unexpected pageBreak in PDF output
Unexpected pageBreak in PDF output [message #1083011] Fri, 09 August 2013 10:39 Go to next message
Adrian Andras is currently offline Adrian AndrasFriend

Hi everyone,

I've been having several problems with unexpeted pageBreak while exporting a report using XML data source to PDF output format. It's a standard sales document containing a header on the first page followed by items in separate lines below. Every single item has a detail cointaining sub-items and texts of a different length as comments belonging to the item (every time the length of each item can be different). The issue is when the first item contains a longer text that does not fit to the space below the header on the first page and even though all the pageBreaks are set to "Auto" it automatically places the first line with the table header to the second page and leaves a blank space on the first page of the whole document. Basically the result looks same as if the Page Break on the table or the row of the table where the item is placed was set to "Avoid". I tried to shorten the text in a data source and when the text has just few lines, it obviously leaves the first item on the first page and does not break the page. I currently use a version 3.7.1, tried to save the report in 4.3 to see if I get a different result, but no change for this version. I am attaching the xml source file, rptdesign and output pdf as well, I guess the problem will be more obvious after looking at the pdf files as an output.

I am more than sure there are similar topics for unexpected pageBreak issue posted in here already. Has anyone solved this problem yet, or is it still within bugs to be fixed?

Thanks a lot for any kind of help. Solving this issue would be much appreciated.

Adrian
Re: Unexpected pageBreak in PDF output [message #1084525 is a reply to message #1083011] Sun, 11 August 2013 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I'm seeing the same as you and I messed around with it for a while changing stuff without seeing the desired result. It seems to be attempting to avoid page break within any element even if you don't specify. Please log a bug for this in the bugzilla.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Unexpected pageBreak in PDF output [message #1085019 is a reply to message #1084525] Mon, 12 August 2013 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks for your reply, Michael. I submitted a bug for this problem through bugzilla https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=414856
Re: Unexpected pageBreak in PDF output [message #1110868 is a reply to message #1085019] Tue, 17 September 2013 12:36 Go to previous message

Hi community, we forwarded this issue as an entry in Bugzilla (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=414856), but without any result or response. This issue with unexpected pageBreak in PDF output seems to be a general problem and major issue for some of our customers, that use BIRT as a tool for business reporting. Has someone else tried to process this bug within the new realse of BIRT?

Thanks for your reply to this topic. Much appreciated.

Adrian
Previous Topic:how to compare series in line chart?
Next Topic:LISTBOX PARAMETER WITH MULTIPLE SELECTION
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:17:45 GMT 2024