Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » Freeze in DB Development perspective(Select row from SQL Results view and entire workspace freezes briefly)
Freeze in DB Development perspective [message #1081736] Wed, 07 August 2013 16:18
d jailer is currently offline d jailerFriend
I am using Juno SR 2 Build 20130225-0426, DTP 1.10.2.v201209181447 on WIN7-64, 2.7GHz with 4G memory.

I have the DB Development perspective open, the SQL Scrapbook has a query I am working on in it. There are several rows in the SQL Results view. When I click on any one of them the entire Eclipse app will freeze and the screen greys out for 20-30 seconds...sometimes longer. I see the small round circle windows icon working all the while. The rest of my W7 app is not affected...just Eclipse.

This does not happen every time. I can work on something for quite a while sometimes before it occurs, other times it will happen repeatedly. I watched the W7 Process Monitor while this occurs and it shows CPU usage history spiking on all 4 processors. The values read 29-37% with 2 of the CPUs carrying most of the spikes. Once it returns everything goes back to 1-5%. javaw.exe is using the most memory, 371M. The Resource Monitor indicates that javaw is not responding then it will unfreeze on its own.

The closest suggestions I can find relate to java code doing this and pointed to bad or outdated .h2 files or maybe the wrong jdk installation. I can't find any of those .h2 files in the location those posts referred to. jdk1.7 is listed in Java/Installed JREs and is checked. Is there something else I can look at?
Previous Topic:DELIMITER not being recognised for MySQL Query
Next Topic:Ldap Integration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:52:47 GMT 2024