Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » SVN for the files that are residing on a remote Host(SVN for the files that are residing on a remote Host)
SVN for the files that are residing on a remote Host [message #1081559] Wed, 07 August 2013 11:32 Go to next message
Mahesh Maney is currently offline Mahesh ManeyFriend
Hi,

I would like to know if i can setup SVN for the files that are residing on a remote Host. Eclipse has been customized to fetch the Remote files via CIFS (mapped network drive). Modifications happen on eclipse, Saving, building the project(compiling) and debuggin happens on the remote host and response is returned to eclipse on windows XP. I would like to integrate SVN. The limitations of SVN is that it can only add files that are residing locally to the repository. In case of Remote files, how do i go about ? Could anyone direct me on this issue please?

Eclipse : Indigo
Re: SVN for the files that are residing on a remote Host [message #1114423 is a reply to message #1081559] Sun, 22 September 2013 18:22 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
If I understood the issue, you're using a mapped network drive. So, then it looks for Eclipse like any other drive and the same way SVN should be able to work with the files as with the local ones. The only drawback would be performance. I think network will slow down SVN client significantly. That is why when solving a somewhat similar task I'm using a local copy of the files and in order to apply my changes over the remote files I'm using Subversive plug-in's "Extract" function: it allows to export changed files only into a separate folder. After exporting changes I'm just overwriting the remote files with the exported ones.
Previous Topic:svn+ssh
Next Topic:Eclipse 3.4 support SVN 1.7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:06:38 GMT 2024