Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Migrate from BIRT 3.7.0 to BIRT 4.3.0
Migrate from BIRT 3.7.0 to BIRT 4.3.0 [message #1077265] Thu, 01 August 2013 13:03 Go to next message
Mohammad subdurally is currently offline Mohammad subdurallyFriend
Hello everyone , well i developed a number of reports using BIRT 3.7.0 on Eclipse Indigo .
However ,we had to switch to eclipse Kepler .
As a matter of fact i had to install BIRT on eclipse Kepler but found only BIRT 4.3.0 as the only version of BIRT available for eclipse Kepler. (plz correct me if i am wrong)
I installed the new BIRT successfully but when i try to generate an older report whic was created on BIRT 3.7.0 , i get the errors like:

1- data.engine.InvalidBoundColumnName...
2- There are errors evaluating script "row._outer._outer["ID_COMMS"]":
The outer query results does not exist.
This might be caused by a "_outer" reference in a query without parent query.
3- TypeError: Cannot call method "toString" of null
4- BIRT exception occurred. See next exception for more information.
Can not convert the value of Affiche to Integer type.
among others.
the reports is generated successfully when using BIRT 3.7.0. Can anybody please help on this one?
Re: Migrate from BIRT 3.7.0 to BIRT 4.3.0 [message #1078993 is a reply to message #1077265] Sat, 03 August 2013 23:14 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Sometimes with bug fixes and changes, things in old reports need to be fixed/changed. The bug fix issue would be something that was set up wrong initially, but BIRT was ignoring the problem, which once fixed, broke the report.

1 - Sounds like you have a column bound to a table that doesn't exist in your dataSet or something
2 - Find where you're using the row._outer._outer expression and make sure there is access to that binding
3 - Somewhere you're using .toString() has a null value being passed to it.
4 - It would appear that you've got a field defined as an integer that has a string value.

If you can attach the report having these errors, I might be able to help you find the problems.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Report with Chart causes webviewer error
Next Topic:Need help for Html page in RCP ViewPart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:20:43 GMT 2024