Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » How to use AbstractWizzard
How to use AbstractWizzard [message #1076035] Tue, 30 July 2013 15:02 Go to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
I am looking at a way to guide the user through various steps of doing something. For this, I started looking into Wizards but while I've managed to put together something, it doesn't do anything yet.

I've not found anything about how to use AbstractWizard and its subclasses either on the Concept pages nor in the Howto or the Forum. Is there some documentation that exists already?

I've tried the following:

• I have four forms (FirstForm to FourthForm)
  • I created a Wizard using the SDK
  • I added four steps using the SDK (it doesn't ask for the form to be used, but in the code I get a warning for getStep(), so I modifed the steps to extend AbstractWizardStep<XthForm> (where Xth = First...Fourth).

Calling new TrialWizard().start() shows a dialog with four "steps" shown on the right hand side and some back/next buttons. Clicking the buttons I can navigate through the steps but the big white area remains empty.

• What do I need to do so that the correct forms are shown? Is there a way to have the Wizard do this automatically? Or do I need to hand code this? If the latter, what is needed?
  • I've tried defining Icons using the Scout properties both on the Wizard itself as well as on its steps but they are not shown
  • I've tried defining TooltipText, TitleHtml, DescriptionHtml on the Steps and TooltipText, TitleHtml on the Wizard but the tooltip text seems not to be used at all.

Any other input that is important to know when dealing with Wizzards?
Re: How to use AbstractWizzard [message #1076091 is a reply to message #1076035] Tue, 30 July 2013 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Monty is currently offline Chris MontyFriend
There is some basic info on Wizards in the Scout Concepts, here.
Re: How to use AbstractWizzard [message #1076323 is a reply to message #1076091] Wed, 31 July 2013 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, that's helped me to get the forms to show.

However, I still can't seem to set the icon on the Wizard, the wizard and step tooltips don't show. If this is a known/desired limitation of the Wizard, I can live with that, but then I wonder why these configuration options even exist...

Also it seems like the "subtitle" of the forms is suppressed as well, is there any way to make that show?
Re: How to use AbstractWizzard [message #1076360 is a reply to message #1076323] Wed, 31 July 2013 08:53 Go to previous message
I opened bug 414103 because overriding operations of the Wizard or WizardStep classes break the wirzard due to missing calls to the super class.
Previous Topic:Scout windows traslater?
Next Topic:AbstractForm newly created ID
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 07:50:31 GMT 2024