Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Riena » mouseUp vs. mouseDown Listening
mouseUp vs. mouseDown Listening [message #1074299] Fri, 26 July 2013 13:02 Go to next message
Christian Stellwag is currently offline Christian StellwagFriend
Riena seems to react on mouseDown not mouseUp event when listening mouse clicks.
Is there a way (configuration) to change that behavior?
It seems our project prefers listening on mouseUp.

Cheers,
Christian
Re: mouseUp vs. mouseDown Listening [message #1074318 is a reply to message #1074299] Fri, 26 July 2013 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Campo is currently offline Christian CampoFriend
No there is configuration for that. Where you notice that ? Pushbuttons, Radiobuttons in tables or in the Navigation Elements of Riena ?

christian
Re: mouseUp vs. mouseDown Listening [message #1074320 is a reply to message #1074318] Fri, 26 July 2013 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was reported for Navigation Elements.

Buttons seem to react on mouseUp.
Re: mouseUp vs. mouseDown Listening [message #1074322 is a reply to message #1074320] Fri, 26 July 2013 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what you mean is that when you click on a submodule node in the tree or on the module you would prefer that to happen on mouseUp rather than mouse Down ?
Re: mouseUp vs. mouseDown Listening [message #1074327 is a reply to message #1074322] Fri, 26 July 2013 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think its a little more complicated when I tested it.
Sub-Applications are selected on mouse Down. Modules are selected on mouse Up. For SubModules the submodule node in the tree gets instantly selected when you do mouse Down. We then wait for few 100 millisecs and then active the submodule. Reason is that when you quickly move in a submodule tree using key cursor, its possible to jump over views without activating them.

I think for trees that is just the way tree's do selection. Its the behaviour of the native widget, that the tree node is selected on mouseDown. Dont you think ?
Re: mouseUp vs. mouseDown Listening [message #1075521 is a reply to message #1074327] Mon, 29 July 2013 15:16 Go to previous message
We'd prefer reaction on mouseUp both on Sub-Applications and Submodules (we don't have deep tree structures there).

I tried to verify how other applications (mainly MS- e.g. Explorer, Outlook) handle this, but well... they do it inconsistently as well Surprised)
Reaction (selected item content shown) mostly happens on mouseUp. But in Explorer selection happens even if I cancel selection with ESC. But only if I didn't start drag&drop. With D&D even old selection remains the same.
In Outlook ESC cancels selection either way.

-> Putting all together I still would prefer reaction on mouseUp and the possibility to cancel it with ESC
Previous Topic:disabled LinkRidget not rendered as expected
Next Topic:Where is Riena 5.0.0?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:15:17 GMT 2024