Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Plugin/feature to show inherited javadoc inline in editor
Plugin/feature to show inherited javadoc inline in editor [message #1073991] Thu, 25 July 2013 22:44 Go to next message
Spencer Van Hoose is currently offline Spencer Van HooseFriend
Does anyone know if there's a way to configure Eclipse so it shows a method's inherited JavaDoc inline in the editor? I.e. If I'm editing an implementation class, it'd be nice to see the interface's JavaDoc above the method without having to actually copy it to two places.

I'm looking for either an existing feature or any plugin that would support something like this. I'm considering making my own but I don't want to duplicate work if someone already made it.

Thanks!
Re: Plugin/feature to show inherited javadoc inline in editor [message #1129573 is a reply to message #1073991] Tue, 08 October 2013 19:40 Go to previous message
Spencer Van Hoose is currently offline Spencer Van HooseFriend
Checking back to see if anyone has any info on this.

I looked into creating a plugin but I don't see how it's possible. It doesn't appear that the Java text editor classes have any way to extend them that would allow me to insert text between lines or perform any custom drawing.
Previous Topic:Debugger Not Working
Next Topic:Whats going wrong?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:26:38 GMT 2024