Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Customized properties displayed in ListProperty
Customized properties displayed in ListProperty [message #1073983] Thu, 25 July 2013 22:15 Go to next message
Joshua Spaulding is currently offline Joshua SpauldingFriend
I'm using the default ListProperty editor to display a collection of objects. The ListProperty component currently shows a column for each property in the object. Is it possible to only display certain properties from the object in the ListProperty editor?

I want just a list of objects with one column; the name property. WHen I select the name it will show the details of that object in another section.

Thanks.

Re: Customized properties displayed in ListProperty [message #1074174 is a reply to message #1073983] Fri, 26 July 2013 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kon f is currently offline kon fFriend
Hey,

I'm not sure if I got you right, but have you seen the "Heterogeneous List Example" in the Gallery example? It uses a base type that has one common property. This common property is shown in the list. If you select one of the items from the list, all further properties it might have are shown below. Have a look at this screen shot:

index.php/fa/15724/0/

Hope this helps Smile

Kon
Re: Customized properties displayed in ListProperty [message #1074287 is a reply to message #1074174] Fri, 26 July 2013 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes that is similar to what I want but my list items are all of the same type. For example, in the "Heterogeneous List Example", all my list items would be "string with integer".

I do want to same outcome though;

The list show string value and the panel below shows string and integer.
Re: Customized properties displayed in ListProperty [message #1074294 is a reply to message #1074287] Fri, 26 July 2013 12:45 Go to previous message
Okay, the use of <child-property> wasn't clear to me. This is what I had:
<property-editor>Homogeneous</property-editor>

This will display all the fields in the list view.

Here is what works for me. I had to add a child property and specify which field I wanted to display in the list.
<property-editor>
<property>Homogeneous</property>
<child-property>
<property>StringValue</property>
</child-property>
</property-editor>

Thanks.
Previous Topic:XML schema data types like xs:Name
Next Topic:Pass values to custom validation service
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:41:52 GMT 2024