Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Missing Composition edge in UML Class Diagram palette (The composition edge is missing from the palette for a UML Class Diagram)
icon5.gif  Missing Composition edge in UML Class Diagram palette [message #1071253] Fri, 19 July 2013 16:45 Go to next message
Jean-Mik M is currently offline Jean-Mik MFriend
I'm completely new to Papyrus and I'm trying to create a UML class diagram where 2 classes have a composition relationship between them.

However, the Composition/aggregation/ are completely missing from the palette?

The only way I can get the composition edge is by creating a SysML diagram.

Those are basic UML relationships, I'm quite surprised they're not that easily available...

Does anyone know if there's a way to add the Composition & Aggregation edges in the Palette, for a UML Class diagram?

Thanks!

Re: Missing Composition edge in UML Class Diagram palette [message #1072182 is a reply to message #1071253] Mon, 22 July 2013 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

You need to draw a standard Association, then change one end to either "Composite" or "Shared", from the properties view.

You could also customize your Palette (Right click on the palette > Customize), and create a new tool for composite associations. For example:

- Create a new palette
- Add an association to the palette
- Add a new "Aspect action", select "Set association ends properties"
- Set the aggregation of an end to "Composite"

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Missing Composition edge in UML Class Diagram palette [message #1312843 is a reply to message #1072182] Thu, 24 April 2014 14:36 Go to previous message
melek mssaed is currently offline melek mssaedFriend
salut
j'ai un projet qui a comme contenue l'ajout d'une extension pour certain diagrammes uml bon j'ai besoin d'ajouter dans la palette des iconnes et des figures qui repond a mon besoin , j'utilise UMLDesigner sil vous plais j'attend votre réponse et merci d'avance.
Previous Topic:Add Registered Libraries/profiles/etc Programatically
Next Topic:validation warning in an IBD (bug or wrong use?)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:44:20 GMT 2024