Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Problem creating parameter marker
Problem creating parameter marker [message #1070690] Thu, 18 July 2013 13:28 Go to next message
Jorge García is currently offline Jorge GarcíaFriend
Hello everybody,

I'm new on the comunity and working with BIRT. I've a question and I haven't been able to find the solution, sorry if it's duplicated. I'm trying to create a data set parameters from a jdbc Data Source.

When I create a data source jdbc and select org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.sampledb.Driver (Classic Models Inc. SampleDB Driver), I have no problems. I create a data set associated to this data source, and later I add a parameter marker to the query. Finally I can see parameter marker on "Edit Data set/Parameters"

As example for query:

select CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.CUSTOMERNAME
from CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS
where CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.CUSTOMERNUMBER > ? (I'm able to associate the parameter marker to a parameter created )

However if I select oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver or oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver, create a dataset associated, and add a parameter marker to the query, I can´t see parameter marker on "Edit Data set/Parameters".

Birt version is 4.3.0.
Oracle version is 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit
jdbc ojdbc5.jar and ojdbc6.jar

index.php/fa/15631/0/
index.php/fa/15632/0/
index.php/fa/15633/0/

I hope that someboydy can help me.
Thanks for all!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 18 July 2013 14:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem creating parameter marker [message #1070980 is a reply to message #1070690] Fri, 19 July 2013 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Sounds like a possible bug. Does it work for a workaround to simply add a dataSet parameter for each '?' in your query?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
icon14.gif  Re: Problem creating parameter marker [message #1071050 is a reply to message #1070980] Fri, 19 July 2013 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorge García is currently offline Jorge GarcíaFriend
Hello Michael,

Sometimes the most logical and simplest response, is the solution. Yes it seems a bug. I think that I had tried it, but after your response, I tested it again and it worked.

Thank you very much.
Re: Problem creating parameter marker [message #1071396 is a reply to message #1071050] Sat, 20 July 2013 01:40 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Not a problem. You might search the bugs in the bugzilla to see if this has been reported. If not, please log it. Post any bug info you find or report in here for future reference too, if you don't mind. Thanks!

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:StackOverFlow Exception While running Birt Report
Next Topic:force not to show labels on every bar of chart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:57:22 GMT 2024