Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Multiline Text Table for Images with RAP
Multiline Text Table for Images with RAP [message #1069214] Mon, 15 July 2013 12:35 Go to next message
Mirjam B. is currently offline Mirjam B.Friend
Hello,

I'm using a table in my Scout-Application to display images (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/HowTo/3.8/Display_images_in_a_table_page). Everything works fine with Swing, but with the Rap-Client the images are displayed single-row.

Does RAP supports multiline tables with images?
Re: Multiline Text Table for Images with RAP [message #1069309 is a reply to message #1069214] Mon, 15 July 2013 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Fauble is currently offline Jason FaubleFriend
I have used RAP with multiple images in the table using the markup features as shown here (http:/ rap.eclipsesource.com/rapdemo/examples#table-markup), but I don't believe that the Scout tables expose the markup capabilities of RAP. I've considered attempting to extend Scout to allow for the markup, but I'm not sure how I would implement the SWT and Swing equivalents.

Also, the inner Table class on the AbstractPageWithTable does expose a "Multiline Text" flag, but I don't know if that works for images or with RAP, just thought I would throw that out there in case you weren't aware of it or if it may point to an alternate solution.
Re: Multiline Text Table for Images with RAP [message #1069399 is a reply to message #1069309] Mon, 15 July 2013 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi

Have a look at the property rowHeight of the scout table. With this property you can control the height of each row on multiline tables (see javadoc for details). Due to the limitation of the swt api and therefore also the rap api it's unfortunately not possible to have rows with different heights.

Regarding the markup support: Scout allows markup, with swt, swing and rap ui. In fact, the request for markup support initially came from scout developers Wink (see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=346768).

To use html markup, just wrap your text in <html></html>.
Re: Multiline Text Table for Images with RAP [message #1069660 is a reply to message #1069399] Tue, 16 July 2013 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mirjam B. is currently offline Mirjam B.Friend
Thank you both for your answers!

I added the rowHeightHint to my Scout-Table and the result was exactly what I intended! Thanks!

@Override
protected int getConfiguredRowHeightHint() {
	return m_imageHeight;
}

Re: Multiline Text Table for Images with RAP [message #1069694 is a reply to message #1069399] Tue, 16 July 2013 12:12 Go to previous message
Jason Fauble is currently offline Jason FaubleFriend
Thanks for the feedback. I tried the html markup and it worked like a champ in RAP, even with images. This is a great feature that we will be taking advantage of.

The SWT and Swing did not render the html though. I am using the Kepler release. Not sure if I just missed something though.
Previous Topic:Drag and Drop TransferType issue?
Next Topic:Permission revocation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:59:11 GMT 2024