Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Variable Reference Issue(Unable to go to the declaration of a variable in another file)
Variable Reference Issue [message #1068213] Fri, 12 July 2013 17:38 Go to next message
Martín Escarrá is currently offline Martín EscarráFriend
Hello everybody,

I've been with this issue the whole day and I just cannot find the proper documentation to solve it. I just started with a fresh install of Eclipse Standard 4.3, and the last stable version of LDT. I imported a non-eclipse project into eclipse successfully, and started trying LDT. Most of things work just fine but I cannot get it to go to the definitions in other files, neither that nor completing function names from other files within the build path. I added the tag @module to both files and the tag @function [parent=#myModule] func1, but when I hit F3 I get "Current text selection does not resolve to a Script element" and if I try to do Search->Declarations->Workspace it would say: "The operation is unavailable in the current selection. Please select a valid Lua element name".

A weird thing I think it might be related to this is that no matter what module I'm pressing F3 on it highlights the from the third letter of its name till the third character after (and including) the dot in a function call, as follows:

If I have this call:

ViewsDrawer.drawBackground()

and I press F3 over ViewsDrawer it will highlight "wsDrawer.dr" and won't show any error, and if I press it over drawBackground it will not highlight a thing and give "Current text selection does not resolve to a Script element"

Well, that's all. I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance,

Martín
Re: Variable Reference Issue [message #1069112 is a reply to message #1068213] Mon, 15 July 2013 07:25 Go to previous message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hello Martín,

Can you share your Lua file? The weird 3-character offset makes it look like an encoding issue.

Previous Topic:LDT - Execution Environment. Help!
Next Topic:Strange problem trying to use LDT on second machine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:48:45 GMT 2024