Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Problem in accessing jars placed in birt/scriptlib
Problem in accessing jars placed in birt/scriptlib [message #1067591] Tue, 09 July 2013 13:36 Go to next message
viraja g is currently offline viraja gFriend
Hi,

I have jar file (WSReportDataRetriever.jar) which has a class (wsmetadatareader) in Packages.com.db.birt.wsmetadatareader

I placed this jar in birt/scriptlib as shown in the screenshot External_jars. I wrote a small script code in initialize block as shown in Sample_Report.

When I try to run it, its throwing me Report generation failed. Cause: Unhandled Exception when executing script (Error.jpg).

The root case for the error is Birt is not able to recognize the jars. Could anyone help me where I went wrong and why Birt is not recognizing jars?

I am using Birt 2.3.2 version.
Re: Problem in accessing jars placed in birt/scriptlib [message #1067664 is a reply to message #1067591] Tue, 09 July 2013 20:57 Go to previous message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
Have you added the jars as shared resources in the resource explorer? Since you're running your report in Eclipse you may need to add them there and then add the jar's in the property editor for BIRT to see them.
Previous Topic:BIRT as separate module
Next Topic:UPDATE database record after/just before report closes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:06:40 GMT 2024