Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Popup Bar Type(I want to create a specific node)
Popup Bar Type [message #1067364] Mon, 08 July 2013 12:22 Go to next message
Pierre Cressant is currently offline Pierre CressantFriend
Hello Everybody,

I'm new to gmf and I'm trying to minimize the use of the Palette in my project. So, I was thinking : "hey why not use a popup ?". So, I've learned to use the popup bar edit policy. But here I am with a problem.

I want to create several shortcuts in the toolbar in order to create one node but with various properties. I've managed so far to modify the popupBarLabelHandle to display what I want. But I can't fine where the node is created to modify its properties.

I've tried to Override the MouseListener on the LabelHandle. It doesn't work for mouseReleased and create two nodes with mousePressed.

Well, if someone already had a problem like mine, I will be gladfull if you'll share you answer with me Rolling Eyes

And sorry for my bad english, I'm a little french guy !
Re: Popup Bar Type [message #1067552 is a reply to message #1067364] Tue, 09 July 2013 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

here is what I use to add custom tools to this bar https://github.com/deep-modeling/melanee-core/tree/master/plugins/de.uni_mannheim.informatik.swt.models.plm.diagram/custom-src/de/uni_mannheim/informatik/swt/models/plm/diagram/custom/popupbartools

You should consider that you will get problems when using your editor on touch devices. That is why I switch back to the good old palette and to menus that appear on selection instead of hovering.

Ralph
Re: Popup Bar Type [message #1067692 is a reply to message #1067552] Wed, 10 July 2013 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks Ralph. I will look into your repository with a great attention. I hope I will find some elements I can use.

Pierre
Re: Popup Bar Type [message #1067745 is a reply to message #1067552] Wed, 10 July 2013 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, so I chose to create several Specialization Type in order to have multiple choices in my popup. Is there a way to generate automatically the extension point via gmf. Because, there is a lot of thing to modify and, so far, nothing is working here ! I'm surely missing something.

Pierre

[Updated on: Wed, 10 July 2013 12:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Popup Bar Type [message #1069658 is a reply to message #1067745] Tue, 16 July 2013 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

Pierre I implemented this by hand without having GMF generating it Sad You could request this as a feature on bugzilla so that we could provide something like that in a better way.

Ralph
Re: Popup Bar Type [message #1069729 is a reply to message #1069658] Tue, 16 July 2013 13:08 Go to previous message
Hi,

I actually found something. In your .gmfgen, you can add several specialization type and all the classes that will be used by it. And the .gmfgen will generate the files requested. So if anyone wants to try specialization type, I highly recommend that you take a look into it.

Pierre
Previous Topic:GMF/TENEO/Common Navigator Framework
Next Topic:Specifying EJavaClass in Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:14:51 GMT 2024