Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Cache coordination per entity type
Cache coordination per entity type [message #1066844] Thu, 04 July 2013 17:34 Go to next message
Christoph Smaul is currently offline Christoph SmaulFriend
Hi,

i am using EL in a clustered JBoss environment and my data can be devided into

a) "mass data" that is updated and inserted quite often, but also read often enough to make caching pay off. This data has dependencies to the data of type b), but can be devided horizontally into independent sections (per user).
b) "base data" which is not updated often but read frequently

For type b) data, cache coordination is optimal, since it is not updated that often so invalidation messages will not be the problem.

For type a), I plan to stick users to a single node to be able to benefit from caching. The problem is, I cannot afford to have invalidation messages for this kind of data and I do not want to disable caching on the nodes either.

Is there any way to disable cache coordination for certain entity types while still keeping the local L2 cache for these?
Re: Cache coordination per entity type [message #1067581 is a reply to message #1066844] Tue, 09 July 2013 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

You can set the coordinationType using the @Cache annotation, (set it to NONE to disable coordination for a type)

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/UserGuide/JPA/Basic_JPA_Development/Caching/Configuring

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/api/2.4/org/eclipse/persistence/annotations/CacheCoordinationType.html

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: Cache coordination per entity type [message #1067610 is a reply to message #1067581] Tue, 09 July 2013 14:52 Go to previous message
Christoph Smaul is currently offline Christoph SmaulFriend
Oh, sorry, shame on me. I have just overlooked that there is a NONE option.
Thanks for replying anyway.
Previous Topic:Strange behaviour if weaving is enabled
Next Topic:How to prevent eclipse-link from loading lazy fetched attributes ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:26:47 GMT 2024