Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Close tab with the new release
Close tab with the new release [message #1066325] Tue, 02 July 2013 08:09 Go to next message
Elise Ruelle is currently offline Elise RuelleFriend
Hi,

I try the new version of Jubula. And I find a little problem with the "observation mode".
I've tried to close a tab with a click on the X icon. When I do that an error appear with the message : "7012: Observed test step could not be created". I also try to restart my AUT and after that the error is not reappeared.
Is it my fault or a bug ? because with the previous version I've never got this kind of error.

Thanks for any reply.

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC

[Updated on: Tue, 02 July 2013 08:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Close tab with the new release [message #1066555 is a reply to message #1066325] Wed, 03 July 2013 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Clicking on the X icon in a tab isn't an action that is supported (as a high-level action). It may be that the observation mode previously recorded a "click in component" with position specifications that happened to be on the X, but the preferred way of closing a tab would be to specify a module that selects the tab you want to close, and then selects "close" from the context menu. If the observation mode is not correctly recording any (or specific) actions, then you could enter a ticket for this, but as I said, clicking the X will probably not work reliably anyway, and specifying a module would be a better idea.

If you've not had much experience with using the library to specify, then you could do the cheat sheets. There are also some nice module examples on testing.bredex.de.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Close tab with the new release [message #1066754 is a reply to message #1066555] Thu, 04 July 2013 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Just added a little example of this to the testing portal:
http://testing.bredex.de/module-examples.html
Re: Close tab with the new release [message #1067748 is a reply to message #1066754] Wed, 10 July 2013 12:31 Go to previous message
Elise Ruelle is currently offline Elise RuelleFriend
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I know that the icon tab is not an action supported. In fact, I've tried to make some tests with the new version of Jubula and once I have close the tab with the 'X' accidentally (usually it's with the context menu). Usually I've not this kind of error so it surprise me.

But I think I did something wrong because I retry to have the error and I never had the error again.

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Previous Topic:How to make sure "Move to External Project" does not break Test Cases?
Next Topic:How does Jubula assert the result?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 09:09:23 GMT 2024