Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Problem referencing report library
Problem referencing report library [message #1064777] Fri, 21 June 2013 04:00 Go to next message
Mark M is currently offline Mark MFriend
Got a small problem with a project I recently inherited from a previous developer. I recieved a bunch of report designs and libraries and setup a new report project. However I cannot seem to reference the libraries at all, even when the designs and the libraries are in the same location. I also tried to place the libraries in a separate resource folder along with the images used, and used Preferences > Report Design > Resource to point to it, but to no avail. Everything I've tried so far has been fruitless. It doesn't help that I am relatively new to BIRT as well.

Perhaps it's a version problem? The designs are 3.2 and I'm using 3.7 now. I don't really see this being the case though.
Re: Problem referencing report library [message #1065232 is a reply to message #1064777] Mon, 24 June 2013 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
Have you tried going to the resource explorer > right click > add resource > select the library. Then you will get a tree view of everything that's available in the library. You can find what you want to use > right click > add to report. Then you should be able to use the items in the new report.
Re: Problem referencing report library [message #1065238 is a reply to message #1064777] Tue, 25 June 2013 00:11 Go to previous message
Mark M is currently offline Mark MFriend
I managed to put the libraries in what I think is the correct path (which contradicts the existing path in the live server, but I disgress) but apparently the libraries aren't fully compatible with the newer version. Your suggestion works though, at least for the images. I've instead decided to just make my own libraries and work from there, and preserve the old reports and libraries, and just modify the existing reports directly via XML.
Previous Topic:Birt Tutorial for EMF CDO
Next Topic:Testing Javascript Code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:56:11 GMT 2024