Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » Deploying jar file to Orion(Deploying jar file to Orion)
Deploying jar file to Orion [message #1064477] Wed, 19 June 2013 12:59 Go to next message
Ido Joe is currently offline Ido JoeFriend
Hi,

I've downloaded the orion eclipse server for linux and starting the orion server as a standalone, invoking the orion.sh script. (Not from eclipse).
Now, I've developed my web application in eclipse and I'd like to deploy it to my orion server.

when building my project (plug-in project) via eclipse (export as jar / runnable jar) or maven, and afterwards deploying it to orion (copy it to plugins folder), it doesn't recognize my new plug-in.
I've tried to install it manually by running the 'install file' command for osgi, and this is the output I got:

install file:/home/lroot/OrionServer/eclipse/plugins/com.sap.ndb.orion.rdl.client.ui-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
Bundle id is 97
ClassLoader null
RegisteredServices null
ServicesInUse null
LoaderProxy com.sap.ndb.orion.rdl.client.ui; bundle-version="1.0.0.201306191131"
Fragments null
Key 97
ProtectionDomain null
Location file:/home/lroot/OrionServer/eclipse/plugins/com.sap.ndb.orion.rdl.client.ui-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
State 2
Bundle 97|Installed | 1|com.sap.ndb.orion.rdl.client.ui (1.0.0.201306191131)
LastModified 1371646058057
Headers Archiver-Version = Plexus Archiver
Build-Jdk = 1.7.0_21
Built-By = I059304
Bundle-ManifestVersion = 2
Bundle-Name = Client.UI
Bundle-SymbolicName = com.sap.ndb.orion.rdl.client.ui
Bundle-Vendor = SAP
Bundle-Version = 1.0.0.201306191131
Created-By = Apache Maven
Manifest-Version = 1.0

BundleContext null
BundleId 97
StartLevel 1
SymbolicName com.sap.ndb.orion.rdl.client.ui
Version 1.0.0.201306191131
StateChanging null
KeyHashCode 97
BundleData com.sap.ndb.orion.rdl.client.ui_1.0.0.201306191131
BundleDescription com.sap.ndb.orion.rdl.client.ui_1.0.0.201306191131
Framework org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework@72f5b2c9
ResolutionFailureException org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle "com.sap.ndb.orion.rdl.client.ui_1.0.0.201306191131 [97]" could not be resolved
Revisions [com.sap.ndb.orion.rdl.client.ui_1.0.0.201306191131]

I don't understand why it says that my bundle couldn't be resolved. I must point out and say that my project has no dependencies to other third parties / projects.

Nevertheless, when I'm trying start the bundle, it starts successfully and its state is active.
In runtime, I can't reach my application.

What am I doing wrong? is my deployment process wrong?
what is the right process of deploying jar files to orion?

Please advice,
Ido
Re: Deploying jar file to Orion [message #1064522 is a reply to message #1064477] Wed, 19 June 2013 16:02 Go to previous message
Rafael Chaves is currently offline Rafael ChavesFriend
Quote:
I've developed my web application in eclipse and I'd like to deploy it to my orion server.

What do you mean by "web application"? A JEE web app (a WAR file)? Orion does not support deployment of regular JEE web apps as it is not a JEE web container.

Quote:
when building my project (plug-in project) via eclipse (export as jar / runnable jar) or maven, and afterwards deploying it to orion (copy it to plugins folder), it doesn't recognize my new plug-in.

Are you aware you need to export a plugin project from the IDE as a deployable plugin (not as an ordinary JAR) in order to deploy it to an Eclipse-based application (like Orion)? Maven cannot produce OSGi bundle JARs from a plugin project (without help from something like Tycho).

Quote:
I don't understand why it says that my bundle couldn't be resolved. I must point out and say that my project has no dependencies to other third parties / projects.

My suspicion is that you didn't export your project as a plugin project.

Quote:
What am I doing wrong? is my deployment process wrong?
what is the right process of deploying jar files to orion?

Technically, it is the same process as deploying Eclipse plugins to any Eclipse-based application, nothing that is Orion-specific about that. For that you can see articles such as this (which talks about deploying to the Eclipse IDE, but it is the same process for other Eclipse-based app as well).

But then I am not sure that is even what you want to do. What is the purpose of your project?
Previous Topic:looking for guidance on extending Orion file system
Next Topic:How do i build an Orion Product for a platform
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:46:52 GMT 2024