Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » [Solved] Content Assist completely disabled
[Solved] Content Assist completely disabled [message #1064076] Mon, 17 June 2013 13:52
Sverre Moe is currently offline Sverre MoeFriend
Content Assist no longer works for me with CTRL+SPACE. I have had no problem using this up until today. Hitting CTRL+SPACE does nothing. No content assist and no error message.

I have tried creating a new workspace. I have tried resetting my eclipse settings for content assist to default. I have even tried using a fresh new install of eclipse on a fresh workspace. I have even restarted my computer. So I begin to think perhaps the problem is not in eclipse. What then could it be?

I am using Opensuse 12.3 with KDE 4.10.4.
Running the latest eclipse 64-bit.
I have no KDE keyboard shortcut using CTRL+SPACE

Edit: If I use content assist through Menu Edit->Content assist->Java proposals it is working. Its just CTRL+SPACE that is not working.

Edit: I tried to change the keyboard shortcut for content assist to CTRL+Alt+Space in eclipse General->Keys. Then it worked again. I tried to change back. However when I tried to record Space after hitting CTRL it could not detect it somehow.

Edit: I have tried resetting all KDE shortcuts to default. No effect. I have even checked to see if there was any other shortcut with Ctrl+Space and there was none.

Solution: It seemed like "IBus input method framework" that has placed itself in KDE system tray used Ctrl+Space to enable/disable. When I changed this to use Ctrl+Alt+Space then eclipse could again use Ctrl+Space.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 June 2013 08:21]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Display Progress View on Eclipse 4 RCP project
Next Topic:defining features. Is adding of external features - undesired?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:43:42 GMT 2024