Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Texo authentication and json query
Texo authentication and json query [message #1063242] Wed, 12 June 2013 19:26 Go to next message
Corby James is currently offline Corby JamesFriend
Hi,
I'm relatively new to Texo and have 2 simple questions...

1. Does texo have any sort of authentication mechanism or how is this typically done in real applications?

2. How do I execute a query for selected attributes without pulling back all the other associated data. What I want is something like... select e.firstname, e.lastname from entity as e. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,
Corby
Re: Texo authentication and json query [message #1063260 is a reply to message #1063242] Wed, 12 June 2013 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Corby,
See answers inline.

gr. Martin

On 06/12/2013 09:26 PM, Corby James wrote:
> Hi, I'm relatively new to Texo and have 2 simple questions...
>
> 1. Does texo have any sort of authentication mechanism or how is this typically done in real applications?
MT>> Texo does not have an authentication mechanism because there are several ways of doing it. And it is quite easy to
use them with the current texo. For example I understand Spring has authentication setup using request filters. Or you
can extend the current Texo servlets and override the service/get/post methods to authenticate before continueing by
calling the superclass (which is the Texo servlet). Check out the web.xml of the example project to see which servlets
Texo uses (there are only a few).

>
> 2. How do I execute a query for selected attributes without pulling back all the other associated data. What I want is
> something like... select e.firstname, e.lastname from entity as e. Is there a way to do that?
MT>> This is not possible currently, but can be added, please enter a bugzilla for it. In the meantime you can pass the
childLevels parameter to limit how deep the structure is returned:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Texo/JSON_REST_Web_Services#Child_levels

>
> Thanks,
> Corby

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: Texo authentication and json query [message #1063262 is a reply to message #1063260] Wed, 12 June 2013 20:58 Go to previous message
Corby James is currently offline Corby JamesFriend
Thanks Martin, your reply was very helpful.
Corby
Previous Topic:Packaging Texo source code into plugin jars
Next Topic:[EMF Store] A resource lock?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:06:21 GMT 2024