Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Unable to run an eclipse plugin from 2 jar files (Have a couple of plugins which are supposed to run a debugger . Unable to run this project . )
Unable to run an eclipse plugin from 2 jar files [message #1062104] Thu, 06 June 2013 03:41 Go to next message
Sumeet J is currently offline Sumeet JFriend
I am extremely new to plugin development and for some reason i need to make of this debugger plugin . http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Debugger/how-to.html

The plugin here is available to download in the form of an zip file which when extracted contains 2 jar files .

Now i try to load them into eclipse . I go to New->Plug-in Development->Plugin from existing Jar archives .

This however loads the project but it does not work .

I tried writing a simple plugin myself and saw that it has Activator.java and SampleAction.java inside the src folder . My loaded application does not have this .

Is it possible to still run this plugin . What modifications do i need to do to make this plugin work ? Surely there must be a way to run this plugin ..

Any help will be appreciated .
Re: Unable to run an eclipse plugin from 2 jar files [message #1069145 is a reply to message #1062104] Mon, 15 July 2013 08:56 Go to previous message
Sumeet J is currently offline Sumeet JFriend
Ok so after alot of investigations I was able to fix this problem . The initial plugin code was developed in a very old version of eclipse and hence the method of launching it greatly differs from the way plugins are launched today . I fix it by making changes in my plugin.xml file .
Previous Topic:How to inherit quick fix behaviour of problems view in custom markers view?
Next Topic:Eclipse SVN annotation from another plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:21:34 GMT 2024