Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » MSung-Light Font in PDF with Russian characters(how to prevent BIRT from injecting MSung-Light)
MSung-Light Font in PDF with Russian characters [message #1062094] Wed, 05 June 2013 23:09 Go to next message
E Boswell is currently offline E BoswellFriend
I have a PDF report that sometimes has Russian characters in it. BIRT decides to embed MSung-Light into the PDFs when it detects Russian characters.

Does anyone know how to prevent BIRT from injecting MSung-Light into the PDF? I have tried changing the font to ones should support Russian characters (Arial, Helvetica, Times New Roman) but it doesn't fix the issue.

Thanks,
E Boswell
Re: MSung-Light Font in PDF with Russian characters [message #1062762 is a reply to message #1062094] Mon, 10 June 2013 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
What version of BIRT are you running? I used a label in 4.2.2 and copied the Russian alphabet into it. Then I tried exporting to PDF with several fonts including the ones you listed and had no problems.

Edit:
Can you recreate this with a report I can run and attach it please?

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2013 16:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MSung-Light Font in PDF with Russian characters [message #1072574 is a reply to message #1062762] Tue, 23 July 2013 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ronin_J J is currently offline ronin_J JFriend
I have the exact same problem. I used BIRT 4.3
Re: MSung-Light Font in PDF with Russian characters [message #1220873 is a reply to message #1072574] Sun, 15 December 2013 00:23 Go to previous message
E Boswell is currently offline E BoswellFriend
SOLVED. Below are the steps to embed a font in the PDF so any user can open it without getting a font error. This will prevent BIRT from embedding MSung-Light.

1. Install BIRT 4.3.1

2. Look up the Java folder used in BIRT under Eclipse - Preferences - Java - Installed JREs - click Edit to see the file path.

3. Go to that Java folder location in Finder and then open up the Home/lib/fonts folder.

4. Copy and paste Arial Unicode.ttf in that fonts folder from step 3. (You can find the location of the font in Font Book).

5. Restart BIRT

6. Change the report to use Arial Unicode.ttf in the problem location.
Previous Topic:setOutputStream closes the stream after processing.
Next Topic:Text (HTML) Hyperlink
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:25:43 GMT 2024