Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Defining an external tool for my IDE plug-in(How create an external tool configuration to execute a .bat wich launches an external compiler of my language)
Defining an external tool for my IDE plug-in [message #1060994] Wed, 29 May 2013 13:12 Go to next message
Marco Naddeo is currently offline Marco NaddeoFriend
Hi all. Smile

I tried to create, as user from my Xtext plug-in, a new external tool configuration to simply execute a .bat wich launches an external compiler of the language for which I'm implementing an IDE using Xtext. I did so by selecting External Tools -> External Tools Configurations... -> New Program, and then by filling the information about location of the .bat, working directory and arguments.
This was very simple.

Now, I'm trying to define directly in my plug-in this external tool which executes my .bat, by using the Eclipse launching API, but I found very difficult to understand how I could obtain this... Sad First of all, which is the correct extension point where I can hook to?

Have you any hint, or is there some simple example about implementing an external tool that simply launches a .bat, using Eclipse launching API?

Thanks in advance,
Marco
Re: Defining an external tool for my IDE plug-in [message #1061373 is a reply to message #1060994] Fri, 31 May 2013 11:13 Go to previous message
Alexander Nittka is currently offline Alexander NittkaFriend
Hi,

have you evaluated whether Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command); is an option for you?

Alex

Need training, onsite consulting or any other kind of help for Xtext?
Go visit http://xtext.itemis.com or send a mail to xtext@itemis.de
Previous Topic:SelectionListener registration
Next Topic:Strange error "Cannot find compatible feature ... in sealed EClass"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:56:51 GMT 2024