Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula stopped recognizing running AUT(RCP AUT, have tried the normal remedies)
Jubula stopped recognizing running AUT [message #1060893] Tue, 28 May 2013 23:42 Go to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
I am using Jubula standalone on 64-bit Ubuntu, to test an RCP application. I extracted the necessary JAR file into the AUT's plugins directory, and added the appropriate line to the simpleconfigurator's bundles.info file (this is what our program has been doing instead of modifying the config.ini file, and it works for my colleague and worked for me up until a few days ago).

As of a few days ago, Jubula is able to start my AUT, but is no longer able to make the connection to it to recognize it as a "running AUT". One thing that I remember happening between when it worked and when it didn't was that my network connection was temporarily interrupted while Jubula was running my AUT, which caused Jubula to hang, and I had to forcibly terminate it. Since then, I have reinstalled both Jubula and my AUT (making sure to copy the appropriate JAR and change the config file again), and tried creating a new configuration, but there is no change in behavior.

The AUT starts, but Jubula continues to wait for it with the "Starting AUT with ID:" progress bar, until I finally get an Eclipse dialog showing "JVM terminated. Exit code=11" and the AUT's whole command string, and after I dismiss that, there is an error dialog with "5009: AUT start failed" and "Establishing connection to AUT failed." Upon closing this dialog, the AUT is no longer running, but Jubula is still waiting for it until I cancel the operation. The AUT Agent log and Client log both show:
<timestamp> [Connection.ReaderThread:Socket[addr=localhost/127.0.0.1,port=60000,localport=37820]] ERROR o.e.j.c.c.c.StartAUTServerStateCommand - AUTServer could not start: establishing communication failed

When I am running Jubula from the command-line, the console also shows:
AUT:<timestamp> [Worker-1] ERROR o.eclipse.jubula.rc.common.AUTServer - connecting to <hostname>.(null):40447 failed()

I find the ".(null)" part puzzling.

I thought that perhaps the network issue and forcible termination had caused something in our MySQL database to be left in a locked state and made it inaccessible, but my colleague is using the same database and is experiencing no such issues with Jubula. Also, he is able to connect to the embedded H2 database without a problem, whereas I am not.

Needless to say, I am stumped, and this issue is seriously impacting my ability to work.
Re: Jubula stopped recognizing running AUT [message #1061057 is a reply to message #1060893] Wed, 29 May 2013 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

The "null" is really interesting. I did a quick code inspection and I have no idea where a null value can slip in. If no port is specified this should be caught quite early during parameter check.

Would you please provide the complete logs. There might be some hints to the cause of the disappearing port Wink

- Achim
Re: Jubula stopped recognizing running AUT [message #1061070 is a reply to message #1060893] Wed, 29 May 2013 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
I found the problem; it turned out that there were still old and unnecessary entries in my /etc/hosts file that became erroneous with the new network configuration (put in place after the aforementioned interruption), and that was preventing me from being able to connect to local ports.

Thanks!
Re: Jubula stopped recognizing running AUT [message #1061121 is a reply to message #1061070] Thu, 30 May 2013 07:11 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Thanks for posting the solution! Smile
Previous Topic:How to handle popup in jubula?
Next Topic:Using properties file pairs in testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:19:07 GMT 2024