Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Instantiating variables from a custom Javascript user library
Instantiating variables from a custom Javascript user library [message #1060385] Fri, 24 May 2013 11:43 Go to next message
Simon B is currently offline Simon BFriend
I've created a Javascript user library with various custom (object) types etc. When I create a new Javascript file, I can create variables of my custom types and they automatically work with content assist.

In addition, what I want to be able to do is automatically instantiate some variables and make them available in the global scope. For example, 'window' and 'document' variables are available whenever I create a new Javascript file in Eclipse. I tried declaring some variables in my library JS file but they don't appear in the editor.

How can I automatically inject instance variables from my library so they are available globally in the Javascript editor?

Thanks
Re: Instantiating variables from a custom Javascript user library [message #1060464 is a reply to message #1060385] Fri, 24 May 2013 20:20 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Globals are not yet working correctly in all of the use cases, including where they're simply assigned to rather than declared outside of a function.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=344127

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Web Service Client creation problem with Apache CXF
Next Topic:Problem adding tomcat6 server instance back in eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:55:42 GMT 2024