Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Text Truncating and blank pages in BIRT(Text Truncating and blank pages in BIRT)
Text Truncating and blank pages in BIRT [message #1060142] Thu, 23 May 2013 09:48 Go to next message
kirti shrivastava is currently offline kirti shrivastavaFriend
Hi All,

I am new to Eclipse. I need your help in understanding different features of BIRT.
We are in the process of converting our Crystal reports to BIRT.

we have a crystal report that contains many Sub-reports and very long text.
when I am trying to insert text in the dynamic text format, it keeps the text but truncates half of it. I researched on Google and found a know BUG for about long text truncation but there was no resolution for the problem. I found a workaround that is explained in the example below:

If we want to insert the below text:
"Immediately after a fire is identified:
• The Incident Leader and/or Back-Up Incident Leader, hereafter referred to as Incident Leader(s), will take control of the crisis executing the following procedures:
• When a fire is identified, initiate the fire alarm at any pull station located by stairwells or throughout the workspace.
• The Incident Leader(s) will immediately notify the local fire emergency response authorities at {1cstERP__cstEmergencyResponsePlan____triEmerPhoneTX}.
• Evacuate the building immediately; do not go back to work area to retrieve personal or work items such as computers or cell phones."

Workaround:
1) Edit the text box
2) change the format from Auto to Html
3) insert the <BR> after every line, like below:

Immediately after a fire is identified:<BR>
<BR>
• The Incident Leader and/or Back-Up Incident Leader, hereafter referred to as Incident Leader(s), will take control of the crisis executing the following procedures:<BR>
• When a fire is identified, initiate the fire alarm at any pull station located by stairwells or throughout the workspace.<BR>
• The Incident Leader(s) will immediately notify the local fire emergency response authorities at <VALUE-OF>row["cstERP__cstEmergencyResponsePlan____triEmerPhoneTX"]</VALUE-OF>.<BR>
• Evacuate the building immediately; do not go back to work area to retrieve personal or work items such as computers or cell phones.<BR>
• Do not wait for computers to shut down.<BR>

4) And finally adjusted the text box size, so that it displays complete text.

After performing the above steps, I see blank pages because of the text box size which is very large.
Would request you to help me on this issue.

~Kirti

Regards,
Kirti Shrivastava
Developer
Re: Text Truncating and blank pages in BIRT [message #1060266 is a reply to message #1060142] Thu, 23 May 2013 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

After just these exact steps in a text box in a report, you see this issue? What is your BIRT version?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Text Truncating and blank pages in BIRT [message #1060320 is a reply to message #1060266] Fri, 24 May 2013 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.6.2

Yes, with the above steps I get the issue.
I appreciate your time on this.

Regards,
Kirti Shrivastava
Developer
Re: Text Truncating and blank pages in BIRT [message #1060595 is a reply to message #1060266] Mon, 27 May 2013 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone help me with a soultion please......this is very critical for us.

Regards,
Kirti Shrivastava
Developer
Re: Text Truncating and blank pages in BIRT [message #1061037 is a reply to message #1060595] Wed, 29 May 2013 15:56 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Sorry for the delay. I don't see the same with the testing I'm doing. Is there a way that you can reproduce this so that I can run it? Using the sample database or some other way you can pass me the data (scripted ds, xml, flat file, etc).

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Saving birt output report on server side
Next Topic:Fiscal Report BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:17:56 GMT 2024