Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Changing Native Logging Behavior(Changing what shows up in the log file)
Changing Native Logging Behavior [message #1060057] Wed, 22 May 2013 18:09
Felix Smith is currently offline Felix SmithFriend
Hey all,

I'm trying to configure eclipse such that only select types of errors are posted to the log file.

An example of this is if I have 3 errors: ERROR, WARNING, INFO. And I just want to display the WARNING type errors in the error log.

How would I go about doing this? I tried changing the config.ini file and .options file to no avail.

My code to test these 3 types of errors is as follows:
Activator.getDefault().getLog().log(new Status(IStatus.INFO, Activator.PLUGIN_ID, 0, "<<INFO>>", new Exception("INFO")));

Activator.getDefault().getLog().log(new Status(IStatus.WARNING, Activator.PLUGIN_ID, 0, "<<WARNING>>", new Exception("WARNING")));

Activator.getDefault().getLog().log(new Status(IStatus.ERROR, Activator.PLUGIN_ID, 0, "<<ERROR>>", new Exception("ERROR")));

And as a side note, in my config.ini file I added the line "eclipse.log.level = WARNING" but of course this did nothing.

Any help at all as to what to do to only display WARNING type errors for example would be greatly appreciated!
Previous Topic:Why does ant not compile
Next Topic:Configuring mercurial SCM to eclipse Helios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:53:04 GMT 2024