Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BiRT with big dataset->viewing the report during creating the report document
BiRT with big dataset->viewing the report during creating the report document [message #1058846] Wed, 15 May 2013 12:01 Go to next message
Ondrej Doubek is currently offline Ondrej DoubekFriend
Hi all,

I'm successfully using BiRT reporting tool in my e4 RCP application. First I generate report engine(by RE API) afterwards the document file is created by the RE API and finally the report document file is generated by birt engine. But unfortunatelly for large datasets the report document generation takes some time. Is somehow possible to view currently generated part of the report document during the remaining part of the report document is being generated(i.e. start viewing report immediatelly after the first page of the report document is created)? I hope I described my problem clearly..

Thanks.

Ondrej.
Re: BiRT with big dataset->viewing the report during creating the report document [message #1058962 is a reply to message #1058846] Thu, 16 May 2013 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Actuate BIRT has this capability. You might want to take a look at this if you want to build it yourself:

http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2007/10/birt-progressive-viewing-during-render.html

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: BiRT with big dataset->viewing the report during creating the report document [message #1058980 is a reply to message #1058846] Thu, 16 May 2013 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ondrej Doubek is currently offline Ondrej DoubekFriend
Hi Michael, thanks for your reply. I'll take a look on it.

I made a mistake in my post as I meant to write "First I generate report design(by DE API)..."

Ondrej.
Re: BiRT with big dataset->viewing the report during creating the report document [message #1059157 is a reply to message #1058980] Fri, 17 May 2013 03:56 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Sounds good. Let me know how it goes. You can try out what the Actuate one looks like, for free, with a 45 day trial download, if you want to check it out:

BIRT Exchange Downloads

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Split combined cells in a crosstab
Next Topic:BIRT ignores alias when generating column binding names for joint data sets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:51:14 GMT 2024