Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » How to let the user move something over the screen?
How to let the user move something over the screen? [message #1058477] Tue, 14 May 2013 10:16 Go to next message
Julia Kurde is currently offline Julia KurdeFriend
Hi,

Can somebody give me a hint how to implement the following:
The user should click on something, let's say a label, and then move it until the mouse is released.
In the RCP version of our application this is done with events of MouseDown, MouseMove and MouseUp.
But in RAP there is no MouseMove and I want to let the user really see this label moving, not only jumping from the old to the new position!

I'm sure it is possible to get that functionality somehow, the question is just HOW??
Maybe with drag and drop, but there is actually no need to copy something to the clipboard (the DND functionality I'll need later, too, but that will be a different post Wink).

Thanks for any idea!
Regards, Julia
Re: How to let the user move something over the screen? [message #1058496 is a reply to message #1058477] Tue, 14 May 2013 11:14 Go to previous message
Phill Perryman is currently offline Phill PerrymanFriend
I use final Transfer[] transfers = new Transfer[] { LocalSelectionTransfer.getTransfer() };
When doing drag and drop within tree viewers as it does not copy stuff to the clipboard. As a consequence it is only useful if dragging and dropping within eclipse.
Previous Topic:SWT.WRAP not wrapping in chrome
Next Topic:RAP-2.0 - UnsupportedOperationException in SimpleLifeCycle.sleep() Using JDialog.open().
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:46:00 GMT 2024