Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » org.eclipse.ui.statushandler Extension Point
org.eclipse.ui.statushandler Extension Point [message #1058359] Mon, 13 May 2013 17:03 Go to next message
James Clark is currently offline James ClarkFriend
Hi everyone,

I'm not at all familiar with plug-in extensions so it may well be that I'm not going about this the right way.

I've created a plug-in that extends the org.eclipse.ui.statushandler extension point and created a class that extends AbstractStatusHandler to implement the extension.

In another plugin that depends on this new one, I call StatusManager.handle which I expect to call handle on the class that I setup the extension with. This doesn't happen though, instead calling through to the default handler for the workbench advisor.

Any tips on where I'm going wrong? It just seems to ignore my extension.
Re: org.eclipse.ui.statushandler Extension Point [message #1058618 is a reply to message #1058359] Tue, 14 May 2013 14:48 Go to previous message
James Clark is currently offline James ClarkFriend
Got it going through my extension now.

After looking at the StatusManager source, it decides what handler to use based on the following checks:

- A status handler ID as defined on the command line via -statushandler
- A status handler assigned to the current product.

If both of these are null, it defaults to the default workbench handler.

Therefore, adding the ID of my status handler extension to the command line made it work.

Not very obvious!
Previous Topic:Problem with Dandelion - Lisp development plugin for eclipse
Next Topic:Plugin B depends on Plugin A Export Fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:19:12 GMT 2024