Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Modify the origin of links
Modify the origin of links [message #1058243] Mon, 13 May 2013 10:34 Go to next message
Mårten Carlzon is currently offline Mårten CarlzonFriend

Hi all

I was wondering if it is possible to make a link go to the parent of a node instead of the node itself?

The setup I have is as follows:
RootNode -> ObjectData -> Attribute

The Attribute have a reference link to existing attribute that it inherits data from and I was wondering if I could make this linking go to the parent node.
Why I ask this is because I am using Eugenia and have the data as a compartment and when I minimize the Attribute node the linking hides as well and I would like to be able to show the links even when I minimize the node, either by moving the link to the parent or just keep showing the link upon minimization.

So in short:
Can I make a link go from parent to target instead of child to target?
And/Or can I make a link from a child be visible even if I minimize the child?

(I asked this in the Eugenia thread but they thought it might be a bit low-level so they pointed me here Smile)

Thanks for any help

Write you later / Mårten
Re: Modify the origin of links [message #1058982 is a reply to message #1058243] Thu, 16 May 2013 06:50 Go to previous message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

this should help you

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rsahelp/v7r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.gmf.doc/reference/api/runtime/org/eclipse/gmf/runtime/diagram/core/commands/SetConnectionEndsCommand.html

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rsahelp/v7r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.gmf.doc/reference/api/runtime/org/eclipse/gmf/runtime/diagram/core/commands/SetConnectionAnchorsCommand.html

Ralph
Previous Topic:Methode to count component
Next Topic:Calling class(methode) that is in different directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 02:40:04 GMT 2024