Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Any plans to improve the CalendarField component
Any plans to improve the CalendarField component [message #1057984] Fri, 10 May 2013 10:45 Go to next message
John Price is currently offline John PriceFriend
Are their any plans to improve the CalendarField component, I was hoping to use scout for a new project but the current CalendarField component would not satisfy the scheduling requirements for this project.

Attached a couple of views of our current application scheduler

[Updated on: Sat, 11 May 2013 01:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Any plans to improve the CalendarField component [message #1058187 is a reply to message #1057984] Mon, 13 May 2013 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I think we are open for improvements. As far as I know there is nothing in the pipeline yet.

I had a look at your screenshot. What do you miss exactly in the current implementation of the planner field from scout?

I think the rule is: do not break the current implementation (because productive application relies on it). If so we will be happy to merge any contribution in this area.

Another possibility is to develop a custom field that suits your needs, just for your application.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 May 2013 07:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Any plans to improve the CalendarField component [message #1058442 is a reply to message #1058187] Tue, 14 May 2013 06:53 Go to previous message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi,

There are two components with some overlap in functionality: The PlannerField and the CalendarField. The PlannerField is not available on all clients. The CalendarField will have some changes in the next release but not enough to make the examples John provided.

Regards Bertin

Previous Topic:Problem creating webservice Consumer
Next Topic:Derby DB with ClientDriver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:45:14 GMT 2024