Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » ScrolledComposite(ScrooledComposite does not scroll)
ScrolledComposite [message #1053616] Mon, 06 May 2013 21:11 Go to next message
Juliane Venteu is currently offline Juliane VenteuFriend
Hello, Good Evening!

Need much, much help.

I am using a ScrolledComposite within a Composite to draw a screen.
When I run the screen, the scroll works correctly, but when I'm drawing, or when I'm using Window Builder to create my screen the scroll does not work.
And that's exactly when designing the screen that I need the scroll work.

As you can see ScrolledComposite know you have more content in the composite.
index.php/fa/14671/0/

However, the scroll bar does not work!
index.php/fa/14670/0/

Anyone know how to enable scroll in this case?

Thank you
Re: ScrolledComposite [message #1053642 is a reply to message #1053616] Tue, 07 May 2013 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
When you are editing a screen, you are not dealing with actual live widgets so there is no real scroll bar to interact with.

The typical way to handle a UI like this is to create the composite as a separate class, edit it independently of the main UI, and then place an instance of that composite within the scrolled composite.
Re: ScrolledComposite [message #1053713 is a reply to message #1053642] Tue, 07 May 2013 11:11 Go to previous message
Juliane Venteu is currently offline Juliane VenteuFriend
Hello Eric!

Thank you for the answer so quickly.

I understand the fact that when I'm editing a screen do not have an actual widget, however the option to create a composite in another source and use an instance of it is not feasible for me.

I developed my own palette components, where each component is extended SWT of components and these components generate my source code in language X, which by the way is not object-oriented. So in my case it is not feasible to make the component in another source.

When I am editing a screen does not deal with live widgets, however SashForm own behavior to increase or diminuar the space it occupies, or even editing a screen I have user interaction in SashForm.
I made a component of the extended Sash and saw that the class SashFormSelectionEditPolicy is responsible for allowing this interaction in the editing screen.
I wonder if it is possible to create a component that use other basis than the Slider component and allows you to use the scroll screen editing, using perhaps a ScrolledSelectionEditPolicy or something.

Thank you!
Previous Topic:WB 1.5.2r42 - "Go to component definition in source...."
Next Topic:Launch configuration BreakDictionary references non-existing project.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:55:12 GMT 2024