Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Key bindings for custom controls not working with compatibility layer
Key bindings for custom controls not working with compatibility layer [message #1053479] Mon, 06 May 2013 08:30 Go to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

in NatTable we have some reports of users that complain about broken key bindings.

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/486055/

I tested for a plain Eclipse 4 application and don't have an issue there. Getting the compatibility layer involved, the key bindings doesn't work anymore.

I tested this by creating a plugin for the Eclipse IDE.

We are handling key events as supposed by having a KeyListener that is registered to the NatTable, which extends Canvas. So there is nothing special that would explain why the key bindings aren't called anymore.

When debugging I can see that in the plain Eclipse 4 application, pressing Ctrl+C causes the KeyListener to be called twice (one for the Ctrl key, one for the Ctrl+C). Using the compatibility layer the KeyListener is only called once for the Ctrl key, but never for the combination Ctrl+C.

Is this a known bug or do we miss some configuration? Could it be only related to the Canvas? Because Ctrl+C is working correctly for Text Controls for example.

Any help appreciated!

Greez,
Dirk

Re: Key bindings for custom controls not working with compatibility layer [message #1053555 is a reply to message #1053479] Mon, 06 May 2013 13:50 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I created a ticket for this:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=407300
Previous Topic:Is it possible to use JavaFX in a separate Part?
Next Topic:Error with Opening an editor in new Window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:08:33 GMT 2024