Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Retrieving Problem Messages from C Compiler
Retrieving Problem Messages from C Compiler [message #1053164] Thu, 02 May 2013 19:11 Go to next message
David Boulanger is currently offline David BoulangerFriend
Can we retrieve CDT compiler problem messages (Iproblem interface) as we can do with JDT? The purpose is to handle those errors within a standalone Java application.

CompilationUnit cu = ...
Message[] messages = cu.getMessages();
IProblem[] problems = cu.getProblems();

It seems like there are some Java classes in the CDT API that have been removed in CDT 8.
Re: Retrieving Problem Messages from C Compiler [message #1057909 is a reply to message #1053164] Thu, 09 May 2013 17:53 Go to previous message
David Boulanger is currently offline David BoulangerFriend
I am still having trouble to get the markers from my parsed C source code (stored in an external file). In fact, I would like to retrieve all the error messages generated by the CDT compiler (generate and retrieve the same number of messages as it does when compiling a project in Eclipse) in a standalone Java application. To do so, I need to bypass the Eclipse workspace and all the IResource classes (or interfaces) which would enable me to capture everything I want in a traditional Eclipse project. Moreover, I may need to set up manually within my Java application the context of my external C file in order to be able to generate the same number of notifications as in Eclipse. I am only striving to replicate what I succeeded to do with the JDT.
Previous Topic:set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot error
Next Topic:Eclipse sees source code error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:32:47 GMT 2024