Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » CDO repository hosting service(possible sub-project(s)?)
CDO repository hosting service [message #1049175] Thu, 25 April 2013 13:25 Go to next message
Dieter Van Eessen is currently offline Dieter Van EessenFriend
Hello,

I've been exploring the possibilities of the eclipse project: CDO (model repository).
Great potential. Currently I'm working with the (.di, .notation, .uml)-format locally or through ssh. Also checking out distributed model using git (small models hooked up by imports).
This seems much easier compared to setting up CDO-server(s) and confronting all the issues (if your currently the single user).

BUT... IF there would be such thing as a CDO hosting service, I'd definitely use it.
Now I'm wondering:
1) Are there other people who would be interested in such a service?
2) Would any of the eclipse projects (CDO, papyrus or another) ever be interested in hosting such service? This could boost development.

kind regards,
Dieter

[Updated on: Fri, 10 May 2013 10:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CDO repository hosting service [message #1057995 is a reply to message #1049175] Fri, 10 May 2013 11:38 Go to previous message
Dieter Van Eessen is currently offline Dieter Van EessenFriend
Wrote the first post with a little too much hope and enthusiasm...

As an alternative to CDO, are there people having experience using distributed collaborative sysml models using git? Building up the model as alot of partial models hooked up by imports (to avoid merging conflicts).

I've seen a similar question posted on stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1742030/how-do-i-do-distributed-uml-development-a-la-foss

Currently checking out general workflows (no experience with git). I'd prefer a centralized model, no centralized repository. Are there any thoughts/experience regarding the setup for uml/sysml models and git workflow for multiple users/repo's/projects?

kind regards,
Dieter

[Updated on: Fri, 10 May 2013 11:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to get all the elements from a papyrus model
Next Topic:Object diagram of component diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:26:48 GMT 2024