Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Search dialog opens in java search, not file search.
Search dialog opens in java search, not file search. [message #1048274] Wed, 24 April 2013 08:42 Go to next message
Florian F is currently offline Florian FFriend
Hello,

There is one behaviour of Eclipse that is annoying. When I press Ctrl-H, it opens the search dialog, but it also switches to the "Java Search" tab. As a result it happens regularily that I search for some text, and I don't find it because it did a "java search" instead.

Most of the time, I do a text search. So I would like ctrl-H to open the search dialog in file search tabl, or in the same tab as it opened last time.

The action for "ctrl-H" is "Open search dialog". Is there a good reason to assume java search is what is wanted?
Is there a setting that can disable this behaviour? Or change the default tab to file search?

For time being, I customise the search dialog to remove the java search tab. But I also need to do a java search sometimes.

Your comments are welcome.
Re: Search dialog opens in java search, not file search. [message #1048376 is a reply to message #1048274] Wed, 24 April 2013 11:31 Go to previous message
Noopur Gupta is currently offline Noopur GuptaFriend
The Search dialog has a new option since 4.3M6, which allows to remember the last used search page, instead of computing the page which matches best.
The option 'Remember last used page' is available via 'Customize...' dialog in the search dialog.
Use http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/ to get Eclipse 4.3M6 or later.
Previous Topic:Eclipe IDE for Java EE 6 development
Next Topic:save workspace in a portable drive
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:24:27 GMT 2024