Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Ctrl+Space for content assist doesnt work(Embedded editor content assist eclipse 4)
Ctrl+Space for content assist doesnt work [message #1036296] Mon, 08 April 2013 07:41 Go to next message
Ravikanth Somayaji is currently offline Ravikanth SomayajiFriend
I'm trying to use the embedded text editor in one of my composites in eclipse 4. The problem I see is when I press Ctrl+Space I dont see the content proposal popup, however, when I right click I get the "Content Assist" pop up menu and on selecting that, the content assist proposal popup does appear.

Any advice to understand why the "Ctrl+Space" isn't working is much appreciated.

Ravi
Re: Ctrl+Space for content assist doesnt work [message #1036514 is a reply to message #1036296] Mon, 08 April 2013 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hao Zhang is currently offline Hao ZhangFriend
Hi
I once also have this problem. In my case, the reason is that "Ctrl+Space" is also used in another function. Therefore, "Ctrl+Space" cannot work because of the confliction. I checked Window -> Preference -> Keys, then changed "content assistance" into other combination of keys. In my case, it worked. You might try also. Good luck!
Re: Ctrl+Space for content assist doesnt work [message #1037491 is a reply to message #1036514] Tue, 09 April 2013 16:11 Go to previous message
Ravikanth Somayaji is currently offline Ravikanth SomayajiFriend
Thanks for your response. Incidentally, the key bindings were ok, but eclipse 4 could resolve the handler. I've had to add a key listener and call the embededd xtext editor's showContentPropoposal method.

This works well for now, but would be certainly satisfied with an e4 resolution strategy.
Previous Topic:Is it possible to view the ".dmodel" file in a graphical view like UML?
Next Topic:Can I include the XText editor within a eclipse 4 part
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:50:22 GMT 2024