Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Working without the .lua file extention[LDT](Is there a way to make LTD treat files without a file extension like .lua file)
Working without the .lua file extention[LDT] [message #1034581] Fri, 05 April 2013 16:07 Go to next message
thibault molleman is currently offline thibault mollemanFriend
Hi forum,

I have a question. Is there anyway to configure LDT so that a file without a file extension will be treated like a file with a .lua extension. This is because I am programming for a platform where the lua script can't have an extension.
I know I can just rename the file but I want to use an ftp sync program with it so that I can just save the file and it will automaticly be on the ftp server correctly(without an extension)

thank you in advance
Re: Working without the .lua file extention[LDT] [message #1036350 is a reply to message #1034581] Mon, 08 April 2013 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin KIN-FOO is currently offline Kevin KIN-FOOFriend
Hi Thibault,

I am afraid it is not possible yet. There is an Eclipse bug about it[1].
You can follow efforts made on it to know when it will be solved.

Regards

[1] Bug 46297: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=46297

[Updated on: Mon, 08 April 2013 09:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Working without the .lua file extention[LDT] [message #1036363 is a reply to message #1034581] Mon, 08 April 2013 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Aubry is currently offline Marc AubryFriend
Hi,

It seems that there is no solution to your problem right now, but you should take look on this bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=46297

Marc
Re: Working without the .lua file extention[LDT] [message #1036387 is a reply to message #1036363] Mon, 08 April 2013 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi,
You could open a file with any Eclipse Editor thanks to the "open with" menu.
As this is mentioned in the bug, there no way to link an editor to all the files without extension.

But this bug will not fix all the problems, there are some features in LDT (like TODO, error handling, autocompletion, debug) which need the ".lua" extension to work completely.

You could open a bug, if you think this will be a good improvement.

Simon
Re: Working without the .lua file extention[LDT] [message #1036755 is a reply to message #1036387] Mon, 08 April 2013 19:20 Go to previous message
thibault molleman is currently offline thibault mollemanFriend
Hi,
Thanks for all the responses. The way I was thinking of sort of solving it, is by using a batch script to transfer the files from the ftp server and rename them to .lua .
I have tried this already but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I just went on the forums to ask if there was a better way of doing it.
I guess I just have to wait for an official solution to fix the problem.
For now Ill try to do other things using batch scripts or figuring out something else.

Again, thanks for the responses.

thibault
Previous Topic:how to create a debug-able lua interpreter for LDT
Next Topic:Problem using Mihini EE with LDT 0.9 under Win 7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:48:13 GMT 2024