Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » Problem in Quantum DB with sajdbc4.jar (SQL Anywhere)(Problem loading dbjdbc4.dll for remote connection)
Problem in Quantum DB with sajdbc4.jar (SQL Anywhere) [message #1033038] Wed, 03 April 2013 19:50
Bob Pouliot is currently offline Bob PouliotFriend
Hi all,

I am a long time Quantum DB user, using a single Eclipse/Quantum to remotely connect to various RDBMS database vendor installations. First, Eclipse particulars:

Helios, Version: 3.6.2
Build id: M20110210-1200
Quantum plugin v3.3.1.0.

I just set up a new SQL Anywhere v12 installation and am trying to remotely connect using their new driver, sajdbc4.jar. When I first set up the connection, I got an error saying that dbjdbc12.dll was not in the system path, and indeed according to SAP/MySQL this dll is required for the driver to work. I found it in my MySQL distribution and copied to my Windows system path.

Now, whenever trying to establish the connection to the target, Quantum hangs (maybe loops? java is using consistent 13% CPU), and I have to kill the Eclipse session. When I do, I get the attached screen popup beginning with "Java was started but returned exit code =-805306369." I have searched for log files that may give more info on stack traces,

So it seems to be a problem with the .jar file loading the dependent dll.

I have confirmed the target is otherwise reachable (I can connect to it using jConnect jconn3.jar), but I would like to use the new sajdbc4.jar for the connections.

Anyone out there have any experience with this or advice on what I can do? Is there a general problem with jdbc jars loading dependent native libraries? I have posted also to the MySQL user forum, and am waiting for response there...none yet.
Previous Topic:Connect Eclipse with Oracle
Next Topic:Hide Connection profile in SQLScrapbookEditor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 18:09:32 GMT 2024